1. Which airport do we fly into? What is the cost for the shuttle? Most of the guests at our guest ranch in Montana fly into Great Falls, which is serviced by Delta, Alaska Air, Allegiant and United Airlines. We are 65 miles from Great Falls and transportation to and from the airport is included in our rates. If you choose to arrive into Helena airport, we will pick you up for an additional cost of $100.
2. What is appropriate gratuity and how are they distributed? We recommend 12-18% of the package cost of your stay at our guest ranch in Montana. Your gratuity will be divided equally among our staff. You are welcome to individually tip staff members for personal service, of course!
3. How is the daily horseback riding planned? We are keen to the requests and needs of our guests so each day is different and is often dictated by the weather. Sometimes there are cattle to be moved or someone wants to ride to a mountain ridge or beyond (we’ll pack a lunch!). Most of the next day’s riding is planned the night before and we see what the next day brings. There is no set schedule and never any pressure to do any one thing.
4. Do you ride nose to tail? No! If you are an experienced rider most of the time we don’t ride trails and stay to wide-open slopes at our guest ranch in Montana. It’s a practiced rider’s dream!
5. How much can we ride? With our inclusive ranch vacations we offer unlimited horse back riding, as much or as little as you would like to ride.
6. How long have you been accommodating guests? Our historic guest ranch in Montana started hosting guests in the 1950’s.
7. What is your elevation? 4600′
8. Are alcoholic beverages allowed? Yes. You are free to bring your own or enjoy the wine we have available at dinner, by the glass or the bottle.
9. Do you have a children’s program? We do not offer specific programs for children, however children are welcome at our guest ranch in Montana. Children 4-7 years may be led on a horse at the barn but may not go on extended rides.
10. Do you have Internet access? We offer free Wi-Fi in the main lodge.
11. Will my cell phone work? Cellular service is marginal at and around our guest ranch in Montana. Verizon works well in most areas but AT&T and Sprint do not work as well. We have a land-line in the dining room and you can purchase phone cards from us for your long distance calls.
12. What is the weather like? Well in Montana they like to say, “If you don’t like the weather, hang around an hour… it’ll change”! Although our summer months are warmer we always recommend you pack accordingly and be prepared with layered clothes for the change in weather.
13. What is required to make a reservation? What is the deposit and is it refundable? Call our office 406-235-4330 to make your reservation. A 30%, non-refundable deposit is required to hold your dates.
14. What is your Cancellation Policy? Deposits are non-refundable, but may be applied to a stay the following year (unused deposits are forfeited after a year). If you arrive later than the scheduled arrival date or must leave before the scheduled departure date, we must charge for the entire period. For this reason, we highly recommend trip insurance. Call Travel Guard at 800-826-1300 or go to www.travelguard.com for details.
15. What time can I arrive to the ranch? Check-in begins at 4:00 pm and check-out at 10:00 am.
16. Can I bring my dog? Although we love animals please do not bring your pets. We have plenty enough for all of you!