Blacktail Ranch specializes in outdoor fun. Your family or group’s Montana dude ranch vacation will be memorable for the variety of activities that we offer, including horseback riding, fly fishing, bird watching, river rafting, hiking, cave exploring, and, yes, even yoga.
“Highlights include a picnic lunch at a back country cabin by the Dearborn River, an intriguing hike into the magical and mystical cave, an amazing little museum on site that has been filled with great discoveries, fascinating wildlife viewing, and just some of the nicest folks ever!” -Susan, Ranch Guest from Vermont
Learn More About What a Montana Dude Ranch Vacation at Blacktail Ranch Offers
- Horseback Riding – All ages & experience levels accommodated for some of the finest horseback riding in western Montana.
- Blacktail Cave Exploration & Museum – A memorable Montana cave tour sets the scene for the artifacts you will see in our museum.
- 3 Day Divide Ride – Enjoy a great Montana horseback riding experience that takes you to the top of the Continental Divide.
- Bird Watching – There are many “birding” opportunities at our location along the Pacific Flyway.
- Body Work & Yoga – Relax your body before, between and after your dude ranch adventures with a massage. You can also schedule a private, group yoga or therapeutic yoga session.
- Fishing & Rafting – Two nearby rivers offer premier river rafting and Blue Ribbon fly fishing, and many more fishing opportunities can be found in the smaller waters of the area.
- Area Activities – Our location between Yellowstone & Glacier National Parks is ideal for exploring western Montana.