FAQs and Policies
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Guest Ranch in Montana
Below is a list of our frequently asked questions (FAQs) and policies.
- Which airport do we fly into? What is the cost for the shuttle? Guests at our ranch in Montana fly into Great Falls (GTF). We are 65 miles from Great Falls and transportation to and from the airport is included in our rates.
- What is appropriate gratuity and how are they distributed? We recommend 12-18% of the package cost of your stay at our guest ranch in Montana.
- How is the daily horseback riding planned? We are keen to the requests and needs of our guests so each day is different and is often dictated by the weather. Someone may request to ride to a mountain ridge or beyond (we’ll pack a lunch!). Most of the next day’s riding is planned the night before and we see what the next day brings. There is no set schedule and never any pressure to do any one thing.
- Do you ride nose to tail? No! If you are an experienced rider most of the time we don’t ride trails and stay to wide-open slopes at our guest ranch in Montana.
- How much can we ride? With our inclusive ranch vacations we offer unlimited horse back riding, as much or as little as you would like to ride.
- How long have you been accommodating guests? Our historic guest ranch in Montana started hosting guests in the 1950’s.
- What is your elevation? 4600′
- Are alcoholic beverages allowed? Yes. You are free to bring your own.
- Do you have a children’s program? We do not offer specific programs for children.
- Do you have Internet access? We offer free Wi-Fi in the main lodge.
- Will my cell phone work? Cellular service is marginal at and around our guest ranch in Montana. Verizon works well in most areas but AT&T and Sprint do not.
- What is the weather like? Our summer months are warmer but we always recommend you pack accordingly and be prepared with layered clothes for the change in weather.
- What is required to make a reservation? What is the deposit and is it refundable? Call our office 406-235-4330 to make your reservation. A 30%, non-refundable deposit is required to hold your dates.
- What is your Cancellation Policy? Deposits are non-refundable. For this reason, we highly recommend trip insurance. Call Travel Guard at 800-826-1300 or go to www.travelguard.com for details.
- What time can I arrive to the ranch? Check-in at 3:00 pm and check-out at 11:00 am.
- Can I bring my dog? Although we love animals please do not bring your pets. We have plenty enough for all of you!