FAQs and Policies
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Guest Ranch in Montana
Below is a list of our frequently asked questions (FAQs) and policies.
SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITH OUT NOTICE
- Which airport do we fly to? What is the cost for the shuttle? Guests at our ranch in Montana fly into Great Falls International Airport (GTF). We are 65 miles from Great Falls. Pick up is offered between 1 and 2 p.m. the day of check-in, and return trips are offered to leave the ranch at 8:30 a.m. If you are unable to meet the times of pick up offered, you will need to rent a car. Another option is to arrive a day early and spend the night in Great Falls (we’re happy to recommend a hotel) prior to pick up.
- 3% Convenience Fee for credit card payments.
- 8% State Lodge Tax Applies to all stays.
- What is appropriate gratuity and how are they distributed? We recommend 12-18% of the package cost of your stay at our guest ranch in Montana.
- How is the daily horseback riding planned? We are keen on the requests and needs of our guests, so each day is different and is often dictated by the weather. Someone may request to ride to a mountain ridge or beyond (don’t worry, we’ll pack a lunch) and we do our best to accommodate everyone. Most of the next day’s riding is planned the night before and we see what the next day brings. There is no set schedule and never any pressure to do any one thing. Every guest under 18 is required to wear helmets, per our insurance carriers. No exceptions.
- Do you ride nose to tail? There will be both open rides and nose to tail, depending on if we are riding trails and many other factors.
- How much can we ride? With our inclusive ranch vacations, we offer multiple rides per day. Guests will choose to join the rides offered each day. This gives each person the ability to enjoy every ride or choose which of the offered rides to join. Every guest under 18 is required to wear helmets, per our insurance carriers. No exceptions. Children under 18 must have an adult from his/her party on the rides.
- How long have you been accommodating guests? Our historic guest ranch in Montana started hosting guests in the 1950s.
- What is your elevation? 4600′
- Are alcoholic beverages allowed? Yes. You are free to bring your own.
- Do you have a children’s program? We do not offer specific programs for children.
- Is Childcare Offered? No.
- Do you have Internet access? We offer free Wi-Fi in the main lodge.
- Will my cell phone work? Cellular service is marginal at and around our guest ranch in Montana. Verizon works well in most areas, but AT&T and Sprint do not.
- What is the weather like? Our summer months are warmer, but we always recommend you pack accordingly and be prepared with layered clothes for the change in weather.
- What is required to make a reservation? What is the deposit and is it refundable? Call our office at 406-235-4330 to make your reservation. 10% down for one year advance booking. Must be up to 35% by February 15 of the year your trip is scheduled. The final 65% payment options are credit card 14 days before your trip start date online, when paying via check the amount due is due in our mailbox 14 days prior to trip or cash only upon arrival. Failure to make timely payments will result in forfeiture of monies paid and the reservation will be cancelled without notice. Cancellations, full or partial, will not receive any refund of the 35% deposit as we are turning away other clients for your dates. 14 days before your visit begins, we ask for payment in full for your stay.
- Is there a weight limit for riding horses? Our rider’s weight limit is 250 pounds. lbs. Every guest under 18 is required to wear helmets, per our insurance carriers. No exceptions.
- What is your cancellation policy? Deposits are non-refundable. For this reason, we highly recommend trip insurance. Call Travel Guard at 800-826-1300 or go to www.travelguard.com for details or www.montanaoutfitters.org/travelersinsurance.
- How do confirmations work for larger groups? Larger groups of 10 or more require 10% to hold if booked prior to the year of reservation. Another 40% will be due February 15 and the final balance due 45 days prior to the trip.
- Do you offer refunds? There are no refunds due to inclement weather, rain, snow, smoke, wind, rider inability, etc.
- What time can I arrive at the ranch? Check-in is at 3 p.m. and check-out is at 11 a.m.
- Can I bring my dog? Although we love animals, please do not bring your pets. We have enough for all of you!